Are you a friendly, welcoming person looking for a term time role where you can make a difference to a school community? We have an opportunity for a part time administrator to join our wonderful school team.
We are seeking an excellent communicator who shares our vision of high aspirations, outstanding achievement and passion for learning to join us and work in our school office. This is a busy and varied role for someone who combines a warm and welcoming approach with efficiency and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected. They will also be responsible for promoting a friendly, professional point of contact for parents, carers, and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
Windmill Primary is a one-form entry, in Wokingham, Berkshire. Led by an Executive Headteacher, learning and teaching is at the heart of everything that we do. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment
What we are looking for
• Excellent IT skills, competent using a range Microsoft and Google packages
• School based packages such as SIMS, Parent Mail, School Cloud and Sway would be desirable.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to remain calm when juggling priorities.
• Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team player.
• Is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
• Is keen to contribute positively to the life of the school.
• Educated to GCSE level C or above in Maths and English.
Why work at Windmill Primary School
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
• Friendly and supportive staff teams.
• Excellent professional development opportunities personalised to support your career pathway.
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly polices
• Flexible working
• Staff wellbeing
• Enhance maternity and sickness entitlement
Salary: GLF Associate Pay 2.1 £6,844 - £8,555 pro rata
Hours of work: Monday to Friday mornings (16 to 20 hours/week) term time only (including INSET days)
Closing date for applications – 21st June 21
Interview date – 24th June 21
If you would like further information about this role please contact the Head of School, Paul Syson-Harvey on 0118-9029123.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.