We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Part Time Office Assistant, to join our small and friendly school. This varied role will provide an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department. The successful candidate will have experience or training within an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday, from 8.30am - 3.30pm, term time only
What we are looking for
- Strong literacy skills and excellent communication.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to remain calm when juggling priorities.
- Demonstrable IT skills in a range of software including Microsoft Office and database packages such as SIMS.
- Reliable, flexible and able to respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life.
About The Vale
We are a one form entry primary school serving the area of Langley Vale, Epsom, Headley, Ashtead and Tadworth. Our values underpin everything we do - Value every individual, achievement for all, learner centred education and enjoyment. As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 32.5 hours a week (8.30am - 3:30pm), term time only
Salary: GLF Associate 2 - £20,809 FTE
Pro Rata salary: £16,161.40 (based on 32.5 hours a week)
Closing Date for Applications: 21st Nov 2023
Interview Date: ASAP
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place