We are seeking to appoint a creative, energetic and enthusiastic Playworker to join our hard working and dedicated staff team at our Breakfast and After School Club.
The Breakfast & After School Club at Whyteleafe Primary School provides quality childcare for children between the ages of 3 and 11. We are looking for someone to join our team on a permanent basis to work mornings between 7.30am and 8.45am and afternoons between 3.00pm and 5.45pm. The successful candidate will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life and be a strong team player.
This is a great opportunity for a valued member of the local community. Whether you are looking for a job to fit in with your family commitments, early retirement, or looking for a great part time position, this could be the perfect job for you.
About Whyteleafe Primary School
Whyteleafe is a high achieving, happy, vibrant and forward thinking school in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially. Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child achieves. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Have good basic general education
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Have an interest in the play needs of children
• Be able to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other indoor and outdoor games.
• Be proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour and circumstances
• Be enthusiastic and motivated and committed to working as part of a team
Why work at Whyteleafe Primary School
• Dedicated and passionate staff
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary and Whyteleafe Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Hours: 20 hours per week, 38 weeks of the year
7.30 am - 8.45am and 3.00pm - 5.45pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Associate 2 £18,000 - £21,100 FTE
Pro Rata: £8382
Closing date for applications: 8th December 2021
Interview date: TBA
We encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.