Working across four primary schools in Banbury (William Morris Primary, Longford Park Primary, Hardwick Primary and Cherry Fields Primary)
Are you a practical and reliable problem-solver with maintenance and/or facilities experience?
The successful candidate will be part of an estates team working across our four schools as required, this role will initially be based at William Morris Primary School, Bretch Hill, Banbury.
Whilst advertised as a part-time role, working 18 hours per week split across Monday to Friday, there may be scope for full time working for the right candidate, weekend and evening working may be required from time to time to support lettings/hire. Exact working hours to be agreed according to school need.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of our schools and support the education of local primary school children.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues and is able to carry out key compliance and safety checks
- Is reliable, a good problem solver and able to work on their own initiative
- Is experienced and capable of carrying out general maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team worker
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is keen to contribute positively to the life of our school
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained to a good, safe standard
- Ensure appropriate security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are checked in accordance with the schools maintenance programmes.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions. Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programme.
- Promote and maximize the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Please see the job description and person specification for full details of the responsibilities of the post and the requirements of the successful candidate.
Salary: GLF Associate grade 3, actual salary: £10,250 (FTE £20.500)
Hours: Part time 18 hours per week (full time hours considered for the right candidate) 52 weeks per year (exact working pattern to be agreed)
Annual leave: 26 days per year plus bank holidays pro rata (to be taken during the school holidays)
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 19th April 2021.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.