Are you someone who enjoys working as part of a team and takes pride in ensuring the school always looks its best, delivering a high quality service with a friendly manner?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Premises Assistant to work as part of our friendly team. You will need to be trustworthy, flexible, take pride in your work and be able to work with all members of the school community. You will work under the direction of the Premises Manager, with responsibilities for caretaking of the school site to ensure safety, security and sound condition of the buildings, facilities and grounds. You will be based between our two Merstham schools, Merstham Park School (secondary) and Merstham Primary School (primary).
You will have a good standard of education and possess a proven working knowledge of building maintenance, decorating and general caretaking.
About Merstham Park School
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed beyond their potential.
As a growing school we are excited for the opening of our brand-new state of the art facilities that will benefit both our staff and the community. Our new build will be tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
As the school grows the career progression for our staff is endless. We will be looking to enhance the opportunities for all staff to grow in their roles and take on additional responsibilities.
About Merstham Primary School
At Merstham Primary School, we want children to be confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- our 6 rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
- everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
- we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 36 hours per week
Salary: Associate 2 £18,000 - £21,100
Annual Leave: 26 days per year plus bank holidays
Application Deadline: 12pm Friday 25th November
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place