Are you someone who can support us to take good care of our school premises? Delivering a high quality service with a friendly manner and taking pride in our school by always ensuring that it looks it’s best.
We are looking for someone who will care for our buildings and grounds, carrying out minor repairs as well as managing site health & safety compliance checks. The post holder will be expected to liaise effectively with contractors and be willing to attend appropriate training courses. As a key holder, the role will also include security of the school premises including all buildings and contents.
The successful candidate will be expected to respect the need for confidentiality that exists when working in a school environment and will enjoy the rewards of working within a friendly and co-operative team.
About Floreat Montague Park
Floreat Montague Park Primary School in Wokingham opened its doors for the first time in September 2016 as a brand new build. The School, which is two form entry, is now at capacity as a full primary school school and is thriving under the leadership team and the regional team which includes a regional Estates Partner.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate must:
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and supervise our cleaners
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Have experience in DIY / practical skills
- Be able to keep thorough health & safety records
- Be confident in using email and other online systems
Why work at Floreat Montague Park:
- You will be part of a progressive group of professionals intent on building a successful school.
- You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community.
- You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development.
- As the school continues to grow, we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat.
- As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Associate 3 - £20,500 - £24,050 FTE
Working Hours: Full time (over 52 weeks)
Closing Date: 9am 16th January 2023
Interview Date: TBC
Preliminary calls with the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett, are welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a telephone call or visit, we will be pleased to show you the school and answer any questions.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place