Are you someone who can support us to take good care of our school premises? Delivering a high quality service with a friendly manner and taking pride in our school by always ensuring that it looks its best.
We are looking for someone who will care for our buildings and grounds across two schools Wheatfield & Windmill Primary, carrying out minor repairs as well as managing site health & safety compliance checks. The post holder will be expected to liaise effectively with contractors and be willing to attend appropriate training courses. As a key holder, the role will also include security of the school premises including all buildings and contents.
The successful candidate will be expected to respect the need for confidentiality that exists when working in a school environment and will enjoy the rewards of working within a friendly and co-operative team.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate must:
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and supervise our cleaners
• Have good organisational and communication skills
• Have experience in DIY / practical skills
• Be able to keep thorough health & safety records
• Be confident in using email and other online systems
Please read the job description and person specification before applying
About Wheatfield & Windmill Primary School
Wheatfield & Windmill Primary are two one-form entry primary schools, in Wokingham, Berkshire. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF
Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: GLF Associate 2 Pay Range FTE: £20,809 - £23,363
Actual Salary Range: £8,670 - £9,734 base on 15 hours per week
Working Hours: 15 hours per week, Part time - full term (over 52 weeks)
Closing Date: 10th November
Interview Date: To be confirmed with the shortlisted candidates.
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call the school offices on 0118-9029123 and 0118-9896950
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place