We are looking for a reliable, hard working and friendly Premises Assistant to join our existing team to ensure our school always looks its best.
We are looking for someone who will care for our buildings and grounds, carrying out minor repairs as well as managing site health & safety compliance checks, uploading information to the EVERY system used in school, and someone who is flexible, proactive and able to problem solve. This role is for 36 hours per week over 52 weeks per year and the weekly working hours will be from 8am to 4:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Friday.
If you are passionate about premises and facilities, and you have a positive "can do" attitude, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you. You will deliver a high quality service in and around the school, prioritise agreed tasks and deliver them to agreed deadlines in a friendly manner whilst always taking pride in our school.
Enthusiasm and a willingness to adapt are considered essential skills. We would love to hear from you if you feel that you have the qualities that we require in this role.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional student progress and wellbeing. Our teaching staff are well-supported in developing an outstanding curriculum alongside a broad range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities.
We know that we get the best out of all our staff when we invest in them. Staff are trusted and their professional development is a key priority. Colleagues have access to an extensive programme of internal and external training opportunities and being part of one of the largest trusts in the country ensures our colleagues’ excellent career opportunities. The school is an exciting and innovative place to work. Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good awareness of Health and Safety
- Valid UK Driving Licence in order to drive the School Minibus
- Be able to work to their own initiative
- Be capable of carrying our basic maintenance and DIY tasks
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of building maintenance works (e.g. plumbing, carpentry, electrical etc.)
- Be keen to contribute positively to the life of a school
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education.
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme/ Local Government Pension Scheme (delete as appropriate)
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: FTE £22,982pa to £26,532pa
Hours of work: 36 hours per week (Monday to Friday for 52 weeks per year)
Closing date: Friday 6th October 2023 at midday
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place