Southgate Primary School is looking to appoint a reliable and efficient premises assistant. Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role or can demonstrate a keen interest in maintenance and DIY, and an awareness of Health and Safety. The successful candidate will work to ensure the security of the school buildings and health and safety compliance, carrying out a programme of maintenance work and monitoring the repair and maintenance work of others as directed by the Headteacher. As a key holder, the role will also include security of the school premises including all buildings and contents. We are looking for someone to work with us Monday - Friday 8am - 12pm (20 hours a week).
About Southgate Primary School
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. At Southgate Primary School we want every child to succeed and we give them opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and provides the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for someone:
- Who is friendly with good communication skills
- Has good organisational skills
- Has experience of carrying out basic DIY tasks
- Is motivated and enthusiastic
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team
- Is flexible and willing to adapt to the needs of school business and letting agreements
Why work at Southgate Primary School
- Committed to making a difference to children's lives by supporting the work in our improving school
- An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Well-being
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: GLF Associate 3 - £20,500 - £24,000 FTE (dependant on experience)
Pro-rata Salary - £11,389 - £13,333
Hours of work: Year Round (52 weeks), 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8am-12pm
Closing date for applications: 11th June 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.