We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to join our large Multi Academy Trust and work collaboratively with our colleagues to deliver operational excellence.
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement and Contracts Manager who has strong negotiation skills and is able to think strategically.
We require someone to use their experience to guide and advise the Trust on procurement and contract management, thus supporting our schools to provide the best possible education for our 2000 children with the resources available . The Procurement and Contracts Manager will play a key role in the Business and Operations team and will work closely with the Business and Operations Directors to develop and continue existing work and projects.
The role will be based in one of Trust Offices; either at The Beacon School in Banstead or in Pine Ridge School in Camberley, however, as a Trust we offer flexible working solutions including the option to work remotely.
As a flexible employer, we are able to offer this role as full time or part time depending on the candidates needs/experience.
About GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and innovative Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Some of our benefits include:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Valued worker scheme
- Defined pension schemes
As part of GLF, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for all staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
What we are looking for
The Procurement and Contracts Manager will inspire to deliver best practise at all times.
- Someone who ideally holds a degree and/or professional qualification relevant to the post and/or equivalent learning through professional experience
- Experience of establishing, awarding and managing contracts within the public sector
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with accuracy, unsupervised and on own initiative
Your role will include:
- Developing and implementing a procurement strategy for the Trust in line with the Trust’s vision and values; analysing and interpreting spend data and information from schools
- Providing an oversight and guidance to support effective management of contracts and take responsibility for the management of key contracts
- To lead on tenders and EU procurement, where applicable, to ensure adherence to procurement legislation
- Providing guidance and support to colleagues to ensure compliance with Trust procedures and legislative requirements, ensuring value for money
Salary Range: GLF Leadership 1 £40,000 - £45,000 (FTE)
Hours: We are happy to engage with a full time (36 hours per week) or a part time (22 hours per week) contract. We would ideally like the candidate to work across 52 weeks of the year.
Start Date: As soon as available
Closing date for applications: 30th January 2022
Interview date: 7th February 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.