This is a great opportunity to join one of our regional finance teams and, ultimately, to make a difference to the outcomes of the children and young people attending the schools within our Multi Academy Trust. The successful candidate will work as part of a regional finance team, led by the Regional Finance Partner, to deliver an expert service to our schools by:
- ensuring accurate and timely processing and BACS payment of purchase invoices
- resolving payment queries with suppliers
- ensuring compliance with goods ordering and receipting processes
- liaising with school-based colleagues as required
All finance staff at GLF Schools have the significant benefit of being enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme, a defined benefit pension scheme.
As a Trust, we operate regionally, and we are looking for candidates located in any of our 3 regions, listed below:
West and Oxfordshire - Camberley, Sunbury, Wokingham, Lightwater, Banbury, Didcot
Central - West Ewell, Cheam, Banstead, Epsom
East & South- Wandsworth, Croydon, Caterham, Merstham, Redhill, Crawley, Horsham
What we are looking for
- Experience working within a Finance Department
- Experience of working with a financial accounting system
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and solution focused with a flexible approach to work
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: GLF Associate 2 - £18,000 FTE
Pro-rata Salary: £13,897 (based on part time hours)
Hours: Ideally30 hours a week, 42 weeks of the year (term time plus 3 weeks). As flexible employer, we would be willing to consider alternative working patterns. Please specify in your supporting statement.
Start date: As soon as available
Closing Date: 16th October
Interview Date: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.