Flexible working + Staff benefits + Pension scheme (LGPS)
Are you an exceptional professional looking to join a friendly and experienced Estates team in a large Academy Trust?
Reporting to the Estates Director, and working as part of the Trust Estates team, you will be responsible for the line management of a team of estates associate staff who are based across the 16 schools within the region. Through line managing the Estates colleagues, providing support and guidance you will be ensuring our sites are safe and compliant, well-maintained, secure and that our schools have effective premises and caretaking support. In addition, you will be involved in Estates development project work, and the delivery of Estates training to school leaders.
As part of the Estates team, you will have the opportunity:
- to work alongside a respected team that continually focus on school improvement
- to further develop your skills and expertise
- to contribute to the success of an innovative, forward-thinking community of schools
- to experience a uniquely varied role
- to shape and develop our Estates colleagues within your cluster of schools to support the delivery of a dynamic and aspirational Estates Strategy.
As a member of our Estates Team, you will be able to choose where you work based where the demands of the role allow. Regular visits to our schools will be necessary.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- a Health and Safety / Risk Management Qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent) or ability and willingness to undertake one.
- an excellent track record in line managing premises and premises teams
- a strong knowledge of buildings maintenance, health and safety and compliance
- the ability to think both strategically and practically.
- excellent communication skills, and be able to prioritise a rapidly changing workload
- good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively (remotely and in person)
- the ability to be flexible, have a calm approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude, and is comfortable working at pace with multiple priorities
Join Our Community
GLF Schools operates 42 primary and secondary schools in 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England. This year we are celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi-Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils.
Our vision is to raise the aspirations and achievement of all children within our schools. We believe that every child can achieve the highest academic standards with a vibrant, challenging and rich curriculum. We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity and serves the needs of their local community; we are committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education.
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary: £43,000 - £48,000 FTE per annum
Hours of work: Ideally, we are looking for a full-time candidate (36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year). However, as a flexible employer, we are interested in hearing from any applicants that feel that this could be the right opportunity.
Please note, some weekend and evening project work may be required.
Start Date: As soon as available
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion about the role with our Estates Director, Nick Murza, please contact the main GLF Schools telephone number to arrange this.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.