We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our thriving team in our Central Region (Banstead/Epsom). Our Finance Managers work as part of our regional finance teams and liaising with individual schools, in particular with Head teachers, to deliver an expert service. This includes:
- taking responsibility for the management accounts of a small group of schools
- guiding and advising schools and school leaders on the financial management of those schools
- preparing and monitoring forecasts & budgets
- working with & guiding other finance staff in accounting & purchase ledger for those schools
We want individuals to use their experience to guide and advise our schools on financial matters, thus supporting our schools to provide the best possible education for our 16,000 children.
As a considerate and flexible employer, we are able to offer these roles as either 30 or 36 hours a week, working 43 weeks a year (term time plus 4 weeks). Please indicate in your supporting statement (within the application form) your ideal working pattern.
All finance staff at GLF Schools have the significant benefit of being enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme, a defined benefit pension scheme.
This role will be based at The Beacon School, Banstead
GLF Schools currently has 41 schools located in Surrey, Wokingham, Croydon, Oxfordshire and West Sussex. Our vision is to raise the aspirations and achievement of all children within the GLF family of schools. We believe that every child in our schools can achieve the highest academic standards whilst enjoying a vibrant, challenging and rich curriculum. Whilst operating as a part of a family, each school exists in its own right maintaining its own unique characteristics and individual identity.
What we are looking for
- AAT qualified and beyond or QBE with relevant experience
- Experience of producing financial accounts using financial systems
- Experience of working within the education or charity sector
- Experience of working within a Finance Department
- Experience of producing regular forecasts
Join Our Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options - (staggered start and finish times, hybrid working, virtual meetings)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Starting salary: £30,000 FTE (to be pro-rata'd accordingly depending on working patterns)
Pro-rata Salary: £28,455 (36 hours a week) or £23,713 (30 hours a week)
Hours: We are looking for candidates to work for either 30 and 36 hours a week (please specify in your application form your preferred hours). As an education provider, our finance colleagues work over 43 weeks a year (term time plus 4)
Start date: ASAP
Advert Closing Date: 9th October
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.