Our Finance Managers work as part of our regional finance teams and liaising with individual schools, in particular with Head teachers, to deliver an expert service. This includes:
- taking responsibility for the management accounts of a small group of schools
- guiding and advising schools and school leaders on the financial management of those schools
- preparing and monitoring forecasts & budgets
- working with & guiding other finance staff in accounting & purchase ledger for those schools
We want individuals to use their experience to guide and advise our schools on financial matters, thus supporting our schools to provide the best possible education for our 16,000 children.
As a considerate and flexible employer, we are able to offer these roles as full time/ part time (30 hours a week minimum)/ term time depending on the candidates needs/experience. We are committed to recruiting the best possible candidates for these roles, and therefore are willing to discuss any working arrangements. Please indicate in your supporting statement (within the application form) your ideal working pattern.
All finance staff at GLF Schools have the significant benefit of being enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme, a defined benefit pension scheme.
GLF Schools currently has 41 schools located in Surrey, Wokingham, Croydon, Oxfordshire and West Sussex. Our vision is to raise the aspirations and achievement of all children within the GLF family of schools. We believe that every child in our schools can achieve the highest academic standards whilst enjoying a vibrant, challenging and rich curriculum. Whilst operating as a part of a family, each school exists in its own right maintaining its own unique characteristics and individual identity.
As a Trust, we operate regionally, and we are looking for candidates located in any of our 3 regions, listed below:
- West and Oxfordshire - Camberley, Sunbury, Wokingham, Lightwater, Banbury, Didcot
- Central - West Ewell, Cheam, Banstead, Epsom
- South East - Wandsworth, Croydon, Caterham, Merstham, Redhill, Crawley, Horsham
What we are looking for
- AAT qualified and beyond or QBE with relevant experience
- Experience of producing financial accounts using financial systems
- Experience of working within the education or charity sector
- Experience of working within a Finance Department
- Experience of producing regular forecasts
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme, a defined benefit pension scheme.
Starting salary: £30,000 FTE (to be pro-rata'd accordingly depending on working patterns)
Hours: We are looking for candidates to work between 30 and 36 hours a week. As an education provider, our finance colleagues work over 43 weeks a year (term time plus 4).
Start date: ASAP
Advert Closing Date: 2nd February 2022
Interview Date: w/c 7th February 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.