We are recruiting for a Safeguarding and Welfare Officer to work as part of our Student Hive team which offers therapeutic and counselling support to our students.
The successful applicant will join our Designated Safeguarding Lead team and provide critical safeguarding support to students and families and safeguarding advice to colleagues. Ideally you will have experience of safeguarding and or/the Thrive support programme but training will be organised in both of these areas if required.
About Rosebery School
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with young people
- Have experience / knowledge of safeguarding within an educational setting
- Be experienced in supporting students with their physical and emotional well-being
- Have experience of working in an educational environment
- Be sensitive and understanding when managing student medical and well-being needs
- Be experienced in administering first-aid
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Why work for Rosebery School
- An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Classrooms with Smart Boards.
- Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
- Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
To Start: September 2022
Hours: Full-time, hours to be confirmed at interview.
Salary: GLF Specialist, Point 14 £25,607 FTE. Actual Salary: £22,030
Closing Date: 4.00pm on 26 August 2022
Please see the attached application pack for more details.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place