At Longford Park Primary School, we are looking for a dynamic and reliable cleaner to work as part of our friendly team to perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by their line manager.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully to ensure your personal application statement demonstrates how your skills match what we are looking for.
WHY CHOOSE US
Longford Park Primary School is a brand new school based in Banbury. Our school is set on a new housing development just outside Banbury and is integral to the local community, not only as a school but as a hub for events hire etc.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who is able to complete the tasks listed below:
- Daily classroom and shared area cleaning
- Maintaining bathroom cleanliness
- Mopping hard floors and vacuuming carpeted areas
- Damp wiping all furniture, fixtures and fittings, emptying bins
- Liaising with the Site Manager for larger seasonal projects
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and teams.
- Must be in good health.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Longford Park was graded Outstanding in September 2021 and goes from Nursery to Year 4, William Morris is an Outstanding, one form entry primary school, Hardwick is an established one form entry primary school and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Year 1) is an exciting new build school.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
School: Longford Park - Banbury Cluster
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 13.5 hours per week - 4.5 hours per day, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weeks: 38 weeks (term time only)
Grade: Ass 1.1
Salary: £17,833 (Full time equivalent)
Actual Salary: £5606 pa
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place