Are you keen to support the growth and development of our school journey? As we develop the curriculum to meet the needs of our new ‘Challenge- Learn- Achieve’ culture, we need a strong Science Technician to join our Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support the Science Department at Meridian High School.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of rapid improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, helping learners to understand the many different branches of human knowledge, challenging them to think critically and encouraging a desire for truth and curiosity in life. We further believe that ‘resilience, ambition and respect’ are vital educational tools.
What we are looking for
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous Science Technician preferable
- Previous administration or childcare experience.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Why work at Meridian High School
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: Associate 2 £18,000
Pro Rata: £15,055
Hours of work: 35 hours per week over 39 weeks of the year
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place