An exciting opportunity has become available for an SEN Learning Assistant at Forge Wood Primary School in Crawley.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring 1:1 Learning Assistant to play a key role in supporting the teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of a named child. Experience with Educational Health Care Plans is desirable.
About Forge Wood Primary School
Our growing school within the Forge Wood development in Crawley, now has children on roll from Reception to Year 4, and will continue to grow until a full 2 FE primary in 2022. Our core purpose each day is to secure the highest standards of education for our pupils and to ensure that they receive the preparation they need for their futures, helping them build the resilience and character they need to make a success of their lives.
Relationships between our staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. Our ethos is underpinned by aim to Aspire, Explore, Achieve. The schools all offer a vibrant, rich curriculum for all, regardless of need and background, and we work hard to meet the needs of each pupil. We are proud that Ofsted recognised that all our school as Outstanding and that we ‘provide inspirational leadership for this happy, inclusive and hard-working school.
We work closely with the Trust within the Teaching School, supporting Teacher Training, and School-to-School support. We benefit from sharing outstanding resources, CPD and practise across a wide range of GLF schools.
What we're looking for
- A colleague with experience in supporting children 1:1
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who can build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
Why work at Forge Wood
At Forge Wood you will have:
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration Valued Worker Scheme
Hours: 33.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
, Wednesday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Term Time: 39 weeks per year (including INSET days).
Salary: GLF Associate 2, point 1. FTE £17,900. Actual Salary, 14,329
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
Applications close: Wednesday 16th June 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 21st June 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.