An exciting opportunity has become available for an SEN Learning Assistant at Kilnwood Vale Primary School near Crawley.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring 1:1 Learning Assistant to play a key role in supporting the teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of a named child. Experience with Educational Health Care Plans is desirable.
About Kilnwood Vale Primary School
We are a brand new two form entry primary school which opened its doors to reception and nursery children for the first time in September 2019. Each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2026. We are proud of our school and the amazing facilities, inside and outside the classroom that will allow us to deliver our exciting and enriching curriculum. We are happy to be a Free School within GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust, which sees us benefit from sharing outstanding resources, facilities and support from local primary and secondary schools since October 2010.
We also believe in working closely with the local community to ensure school is a place where 'children grow, learn and flourish'.We work closely with the Trust within the Teaching School, supporting Teacher Training, and School-to-School support. We benefit from sharing outstanding resources, CPD and practice across a wide range of GLF schools.
What we're looking for
- A colleague with experience in supporting children 1:1
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who can build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
Why work at Kilnwood Vale
At Kilnwood Vale you will have:
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration Valued Worker Scheme
Hours: 33.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
, Wednesday 8.30am - 4.30pm, part time (less than 5 days) applications will be considered.
Term Time: 39 weeks per year (including INSET days).
Salary: GLF Associate 2, point 1. FTE £17,900. Actual Salary, £14,329
Start Date: As soon as possible
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.