We are looking to appoint an SEN Learning Support Assistant, ideally with experience, to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team.
An opportunity has arisen for an SEN Learning Assistant to join our team. Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous experience. They will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified children with special educational needs.
The successful individual will support the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individual, ensuring they attain the targets set.
This will be a part time and permanent (subject to EHCP funding) contract.
About Marden Lodge Primary School
Marden Lodge is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• Have GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
Why work at Marden Lodge Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary and Whyteleafe Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Hours: 30 hours per week, 8.45am – 3.15pm, 38.6 weeks of the year (term time plus 3 days)
Salary: Associate 2 £17,900 - £21,000 FTE
Pro Rata: £12,701
Closing date for applications: 14th May 2021
Interview date: TBA
We usually encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school, however in the current climate we not encouraging visitors. If you would like more information about the role, please contact Denise Coady.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.