We are very excited to be opening a Specialist Resource Base provision for children in our local community at Cherry Fields Primary School in January 2024, and are looking for a dedicated and experienced practitioner who is committed to developing inclusive practice in our school and will lead on the implementation of the Resource Base Provision alongside the Headteacher.
As Inclusion Lead and Assistant Headteacher, you will help to shape the future vision of the school, promote excellence, equality and the highest expectations for our children and staff. You will be responsible for leading our SEND Team and working alongside the Headteacher and Inclusion Team to establish our Specialist Resource Base. You will be supported by our Inclusion Assistant and our Home School Link Worker/Thrive Practitioner, along with generous school investment in private Educational Psychology and Speech and Language Therapy consultancy to supplement the Local Authority's commissioned services
At Cherry Fields we are passionate about creating an inclusive culture; our Headteacher is a highly experienced and qualified SENCO, so you can be confident in the knowledge you will be fully supported by Senior Leaders who understand the demands of your role.
You will be a creative thinker, highly organised and above all, passionate about improving the quality of all children’s education.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
We are looking for an Inclusion Leader and Assistant Headteacher who is:
- An experienced Class Teacher with a strong interest for SEND
- Someone with a strong understanding of the SEND code of practice as a Class Teacher and experience of working across the primary age range
- An inspirational leader, with the vision and confidence to motivate, challenge and support
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare, putting them first in everything they do
- A professional who is highly effective in communicating with parents and other stakeholders
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A flexible member of the team who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster have a collaborative approach towards working, which means the schools work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities. The schools’ benefit from being able to share resources, knowledge and best practice to support each other and maintain high quality teaching. Joining us will allow for opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional skills.
Cherry Fields, which was recently graded as outstanding in December 2022 (Nursery to Year 2) and Longford Park, also graded as outstanding, are exciting, new build growing schools. Hardwick is a fantastic, established one form entry primary school and William Morris is an outstanding, one form entry primary school.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of their own local communities, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Scale: GLF Leadership 1-5
Salary: £44,305 - £48,895 (DOE)
Closing date for advert: Sunday 4th June
Shortlisting & Interview: Ongoing
This vacancy may close early as shortlisting and interviews will be ongoing.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place