Do you want to be part of a progressive team of professionals who are dedicated to children and their education?
Do you want to join our team as we build this new school in Wokingham?
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and positive SEND 1:1 Learning Assistant.
We have an exciting opportunity in our growing team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a full-time 1:1 Learning Assistant working 8:30am-3:30pm each day. This role will involve supporting one or two children on a 1:1 basis throughout the school day, working as part of our positive and collaborative SEND team. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care. This role is initially a fixed term contract until Summer 2023, although there is likely to be further opportunities within the school.
About Floreat Montague Park
Floreat Montague Park Primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2016. The School is developing fast and the following 6 areas are valued:
- Personal Development
With inspiring outdoor learning spaces, the latest technology in classrooms and an engaged, active community this is an exciting time to join our school.
What we are looking for
- A colleague with experience in supporting children 1:1
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
- A colleague who is flexible, positive and open-minded
Why work at Floreat Montague Park
- You will be part of a progressive group of professional’s intent on building a successful new school.
- You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community.
- You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development.
- As the school continues to grow, we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat.
- As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Term time / Fixed term contract until Summer 2023 / Full time (32.5 hours)
Working Pattern: 8.30am-3.30pm Monday to Friday
Pay Scale: £14,989 actual (Associate Staff 2.1 - £19,300 FTE)
Closing Date: Friday 13th January at 3.30pm
Interview Date: To be agreed
Preliminary calls with the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett, are welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a telephone call or visit to the school.
Please note: Floreat Montague Park Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place