Are you an ambitious qualified accountant looking for your next career move in the education sector?
This role is ideal for someone wanting to be part of a Multi Academy Trust, where the over-arching focus is to deliver the best outcomes and experiences for our children, students, colleagues and their families.
GLF has so much to offer to you, including an enhanced benefits package and the option for flexible working.
The Senior Finance Manager will work as part of the finance team, led by the Finance Partner, to deliver an expert service to our schools. We are looking for an exceptional individual to provide Finance Leadership to the EHT/HT (secondary) to help identify financial improvements and deliver a sustainable budget. Also supporting the Phase Finance Partner, as well as undertake direct line management within the finance team. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to provide ad-hoc support when needed by the Phase Finance Partner, and will oversee tasks including:
- managing the delivery of the monthly management reports to Regional Directors
- preparing and monitoring budgets & forecast
- overseeing transactional processing within the academies
- liaising with school-based colleagues as required
This role will be working specifically with the schools in Didcot and Banstead clusters. You may wish to work part of your hours from home or be fully based in one of our regional offices in Banstead, Camberley or Banbury. In all cases, regular visits to our schools will be necessary.
What we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant or Part qualified with significant relevant experience
- Leadership and development of staff experience
- Experience of producing management accounts using financial systems
- Ideally experience of working within the education or charity sector
- Forecasting and Partnering with Budget Holders
- Experience of producing regular forecasts
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: 30 hours a week over 43 weeks a year (term time plus 4 weeks)
Salary range: Leadership 1 £42,536 FTE
Pro Rata salary: £33,622 for 30 hours over 43 weeks
Start date: ASAP
Advert Closing Date: 15th October
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.