Whyteleafe Primary School is looking to appoint an individual that is passionate, enthusiastic and committed to a career within education and has previous experience of working with children. This is a temporary, term time only position working 1-2-1 with an individual child in EYFS for 5 hours per day. ASD experience is desired but not essential.
About Whyteleafe Primary School
Whyteleafe is a high achieving, happy, vibrant and forward thinking school in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially. Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child achieves. We have high standards and expect the best. We are very excited to be expanding our provision, welcoming Nursery children from September 2020. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working, which means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
Why work at Whyteleafe Primary School
• Dedicated and passionate staff
• Inclusive learning environment
• Dynamic teaching and learning
• Creative curriculum and resources
• Outstanding leadership at all levels
• Thriving students who are healthy and happy
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Village Village Primary, Marden Lodge Primary and Whyteleafe Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach to working
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: Associate 2 £17900 - £21000 FTE
Pro-rata Salary : £10584 - £12417
Hours : 25 hours a week 8.45am - 2.15pm) 38.6 weeks per year (Term time)
Closing date for applications – 25.09.20
Interview date – TBC
For more information about this role, please contact our Deputy Head, Emma Skipper, on 0208-660-2062.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.