Wheatfield and Windmill Primary School are seeking to appoint a Specialist PE and Sports Teacher
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to lead PE and sports provision in two primary schools. We are looking for a qualified teacher who can demonstrate high standards in sports teaching. The successful applicant will be passionate about inclusive PE and sport with the ability to unlock the potential of our children.
About the Schools
Led by an Executive Headteacher, learning and teaching is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to deliver lessons that inspire and engage pupils who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. Teachers who have a passion for their subject and build strong relationships with their students cultivate a ‘love of learning’ that ultimately sees the young people we teach make exceptional progress. We firmly believe that high quality professional development is an important part of excellent teaching and we enthusiastically pursue ongoing teacher development: CPD, no matter where a teacher is in their career, is part of the fabric and culture of the school.
What we are looking for
This role will involve:
• Ensuring the planning and delivery of an outstanding PE and sports curriculum
• Leading and coordinating after school sports clubs and lunchtime activities
• Organising sports teams and entering local and national competitions
• Leading the PE curriculum across the schools
• Providing high quality PE training for teaching and support staff
• Managing a budget for PE
• Demonstrate high standards of planning, teaching and learning;
• Bring fun, enthusiasm and high expectations into a creative environment;
• Attend a variety of fixtures and after school activities with school teams
• Motivate, challenge and inspire children to live active and healthy lifestyles.
• Covering PPA time for teachers across the primary age range
Why work at Wheatfield and Windmill Primary School
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
• Friendly and supportive staff teams.
• Excellent professional development opportunities personalised to support your career pathway.
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly polices
• Flexible working
• Staff wellbeing
• Enhance maternity and sickness entitlement
Salary: GLF Main Pay Range E & W £25,714 to £36,961
Hours of work: Full Time
Closing date for applications – 25 June 2021
Interview date – 30 June 2021
Please contact the school offices for more information about this role Wheatfield Primary on 0118-9896950 and Windmill Primary on 0118-9029123
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.