We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Subject Leader for Biology, to lead a team of staff to deliver outstanding lessons across all key stages.
The successful candidate will have a confident understanding of the curriculum and the ability to create exciting and innovative resources that challenge and inspire our students, to maximise their progress and deliver excellent examination results.
WHY CHOOSE US:
The Beacon School is an oversubscribed comprehensive school based in Banstead, Surrey and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
The school is an exciting, innovative place to work, with academic express streams; a strong house system and enrichment activities; and we offer extensive professional development opportunities.
WHY WORK AT THE BEACON SCHOOL:
- You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- Teach students who want to learn
- Be supported by highly experienced leaders in the Faculty
- You will have access to an excellent programme of CPD
- There is the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Science Faculty and across the whole school
- You will have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
- You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools
- Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
- There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
- There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
- There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
- We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants
- We are conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and south London, with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria.
You will be expected to interpret performance data relating to students’ progress and use this to plan effective interventions to raise achievement, as well as plan and partake in student trips/visits, and develop extra-curricular activities to support the delivery of the curriculum.
You will be instrumental in monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching, as well as developing and leading subject staff in order to maximise their performance.
- Hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Have a Good Honours Degree
- Have detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- Have the ability to teach Biology across all key stages
- Be passionate about Biology and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Have the ability to motivate both students and your peers
- Be forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to lead a team
- Be able to work towards deadlines
- Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent attendance and punctuality
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe), plus TLR2 (£4,782)
Contract: Full-time and Permanent
Closing date for applications: midday on Monday 10th May 2021
Contact: For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ms Kate Marrill, Deputy Headteacher
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.