Are you an passionate and talented Teacher of Drama looking for your next teaching opportunity?
The Beacon School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented Teacher of Drama to become an integral member of the Drama Department. TLR can be considered for for the right candidate. You will work within a team of highly motivated and talented individuals who work closely together in their shared commitment to provide high quality teaching and learning in every lesson and for every student.
About The Beacon School
This is an exciting time to join The Beacon School which has already made rapid and significant improvements overseen by our new leadership. The Beacon School is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional student progress and wellbeing. Our teaching staff are well supported to developing an outstanding curriculum alongside a broad range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities.
We know that we get the best out of all our staff when we invest in them. Staff are trusted and their professional development is a key priority. Colleagues have access to an extensive programme of internal and external training opportunities and being part of one of the largest Trusts in the country ensures our colleagues’ excellent career opportunities. The school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be passionate about Drama and have a flair for creativity
- The ability to teach KS3 Music would be advantageous
- Be a pro-active member of the team with a can-do approach
- Be flexible and committed
- Be passionate about the students' learning and welfare
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community
Join Our Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
- GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options - (staggered start and finish times, hybrid working, virtual meetings)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe)
Contract: Full-time permanent
Start date: September 2023
Closing date: 16th June 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place