This is an exciting opportunity to join our English Faculty as a teacher of English. This is an ideal role for a newly qualified teacher or a colleague who has more experience.
We are a school that supports more flexible work patterns so we encourage applicants from colleagues who are looking to work either full or part time.
About The Beacon School
We are an oversubscribed Academy (mixed comprehensive school) based in Banstead, Surrey and part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning and teaching is at the heart of everything we do. The school offers extensive and varied professional development opportunities and is an exciting, innovative place to work.
We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and were once again, heavily oversubscribed for September 2022.
We are conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and South London, with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London.
What we are looking for
- Be well qualified and have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Be able to teach English- across all key stages
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about English and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Be forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
- Have a detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with students
Why work at The Beacon School
- Join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- Teach students who want to learn
- Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
- Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
- Be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools within its Multi-Academy Trust
- Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to become involved with and a strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Keith Batchelor, Headteacher.
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe)
Contract: Full-time or part time and permanent
Start date: 1 September 2022
Closing date: Midday on Monday 27th June 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place