Are you in search of a new opportunity to join an Ofsted Outstanding, supportive and high performing school as a Teacher of French? We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated teacher to join our successful MFL department.
We are looking for someone who inspires and engages students and encourages a love of languages at all Key Stages.
The MFL team is both friendly and supportive. We are committed to professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice. As such, we work together to create a positive learning environment and provide a good learning experience for our students who work hard and want to do well.
What we are looking for:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who will teach French to students of all abilities in Years 7 to 11 and ideally also to A level (the ability to teach Spanish would be an advantage).
- Someone who strives continually to improve the quality of teaching and learning in the department.
- A role model for outstanding teaching in the department.
- Someone with high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is committed to working as part of a team.
- Someone with the ability to motivate both students and their peers with a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
- A passion for student welfare.
Rosebery School is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students, who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
Why join Rosebery?
- Our Staff
- Our Students
- Our Culture of excellence, ambition and joy
- Your Well-being
- Your Professional Growth
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: January 2024
Salary: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe)
Hours of work: Full-time or Part time
Closing date for applications: 12 October 2023
Interview date: 17/18 October 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place