We are seeking a Geography Teacher to join an already successful department; a passionate teacher who can bring the subject to life, inspire high levels of learning within a positive and learning environment. There will be the opportunity to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4 and in the future key stage 5, in a department of Geography specialists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified teacher, or a more experienced colleague to join us.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Beacon School is a Good-rated school based in Banstead, Surrey and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
We have academic express streams; a strong house system and enrichment activities; and we offer extensive professional development opportunities. The school is an exciting, innovative place to work.
WHY WORK AT THE BEACON SCHOOL
● You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
● Teach students who want to learn
● Be supported by a highly experienced team in the Faculty
● You will have access to an excellent programme of CPD
● There is the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
● You will have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
● You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools
● Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
● There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
● There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
● There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
● There is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages
● We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants
● We are conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and south London, with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria
● Planning, resourcing and delivering engaging lessons
● Working with the Subject Leader and Faculty Lead to integrate Geography into the curriculum at every opportunity possible
● Create opportunity for all students to achieve in Geography, irrespective of ability
● Be able to build strong relationships with students, families and staff
● Go the extra mile for our students
YOU WILL BE
● QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
● Well qualified and enthusiastic
● Able to teach Geography across all key stages
● Passionate about Geography and committed to improving teaching and learning
● Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
● A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
● The ability to work towards deadlines
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe)
Contract: full-time (would consider part-time for the right candidate) and permanent
Closing date for applications: midday on Monday 19th October 2020
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Deputy Headteacher, Kate Marrill.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.