We are looking for a dynamic and highly-skilled qualified teacher to join our excellent Geography department, with ability to teach other Humanities subjects at Meridian High School.
You will have a confident understanding of the curriculum for Geography, and show a real passion for your subject. As a Geography teacher at Meridian High School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising of 41 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of sustainable school improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, within the school values of ‘resilience, ambition and respect.’
What we are looking for
• An outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs
Why work at Meridian High School
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal/career development.
• A Pension Scheme.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
Salary - MPR
Hours - Full time
Contract - Permanent
Closing date for applications - 8 December 2021
Starting date - April 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.