We are seeking a History teacher to join an already successful department. Your passion for history will mean you can bring the subject to life, inspire high levels of learning, all within a positive, learning environment. There will be the opportunity to teach across the key stages in a department of history specialists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified teacher, or a more experienced colleague to join us.
WHY CHOOSE US:
The Beacon School is an oversubscribed comprehensive school based in Banstead, Surrey and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
We offer extensive professional development opportunities and the school is an exciting, innovative place to work.
WHY WORK AT THE BEACON SCHOOL:
● You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
● Teach students who want to learn
● Be supported by a highly experienced team in the Faculty
● You will have access to an excellent programme of CPD
● There is the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
● You will have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
● You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools
● Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
● There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
● There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
● There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
● There is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages
● We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants
● We are conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and south London with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria.
● Planning, resourcing and delivering engaging lessons
● Create opportunity for all students to achieve in History, irrespective of ability
● Be able to build strong relationships with students, families and staff
● Go the extra mile for our students
● Hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
● Be well qualified and enthusiastic
● Able to teach History- across all key stages
● Be passionate about the subject and committed to improving teaching and learning
● Be forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
● Have a detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
● Have the ability to work towards deadlines
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe)
Contract: Full-time (would consider part-time for the right candidate) and permanent
Closing date: midday on Thursday 22nd 2021
Contact: For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Kate Marrill, Deputy Headteacher
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.