We are looking to appoint a Science Teacher to join an already successful Faculty. Your passion for science will mean that you can bring the subject to life, inspire high levels of learning, within a positive learning environment. There will be the opportunity to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4 and possibly Key Stage 5, working alongside a successful team of science specialists.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Newly Qualified Teacher, or a more experienced colleague to join us.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is an oversubscribed comprehensive school based in Banstead, Surrey and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do. The school offers extensive and varied professional development opportunities and is an exciting, innovative place to work.
We are also conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and South London, with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria.
What we are looking for
● Be able to plan, resource and deliver engaging lessons
● Be able to create opportunities for all students to achieve in science, irrespective of ability
● Be able to build strong relationships with students, families and staff
● Go the extra mile for our students
● Be well qualified and hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
● Be an enthusiastic teacher with a proven track record of outstanding outcomes for their students
● Be able to teach science across all key stages
● Be enthusiastic and passionate about science and committed to improving teaching and learning
● Be forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
● Be knowledgeable about the curriculum and its means of delivery
● Able to work towards deadlines
Why work at The Beacon School
● Join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
● Teach students who want to learn
● Be supported by a highly experienced team in the Faculty
● Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
● Have the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
● Have the opportunity to be coached and/or become a coach
● Be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools
● Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
● Have numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
● Be able to be involved in a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits
● Be part of a very strong and supportive staff body
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe)
Contract: full-time and permanent
Start date: as soon as possible
Closing date: midday on Tuesday 21 September 2021
Contact: For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Cullum Mitchell, Deputy Headteacher
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.