This is an exciting opportunity to join our science faculty as a Teacher of Science and KS4 Coordinator.
The science faculty is in strong position to make even greater improvements than in recent years, with new leadership and a new vision in place to help students get the best from their lessons. The faculty has a collaborative approach to development, valuing each other's skills, interests and experiences as well as working alongside other science departments within trust. We are committed to ensuring our curriculum prepares students for studying science beyond GCSE and to upskill them to be objective and formulate conclusions about the world around them. Practical science is at the heart of our curriculum and we are proud to offer a wide range of practical experiences to students, in lessons and in our popular STEM club.
We are equally happy to receive applications from colleagues who are new to teaching as we are from colleagues with a wealth of experience. So whether you are brand new to the profession or looking for a return to the classroom having spent some time away, we would be delighted to speak with you. We are a school that supports more flexible work patterns so we are happy to receive applications from colleagues who are looking to work either full or part time.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional student progress and wellbeing. Our teaching staff are well-supported in developing an outstanding curriculum alongside a broad range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities.
We know that we get the best out of all our staff when we invest in them. Staff are trusted and their professional development is a key priority. Colleagues have access to an extensive programme of internal and external training opportunities and being part of one of the largest trusts in the country ensures our colleagues’ excellent career opportunities. The school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
- Be willing to teach Science across all key stages
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about science and committed to improving the life chances of students in their care
- Be forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
- Be willing to develop a strong knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with students
Why work at The Beacon School
- Join an exceptionally warm and welcoming team of staff
- Teach students who want to learn
- Be supported by a highly experienced team in the Faculty
- Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
- Have the opportunity to be coached and/or become a coach
- Be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 42 GLF Schools
- Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to become involved with and a strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary: MPR/UPR (fringe) £29,344 - £44,919pa, plus TLR 2/1 £3,017pa
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Midday 10th February 2023
Contact: For an informal discussion about the post, please contact James Grant Duff, Head of School.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place