We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of student development. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated and nurturing team in supporting learning, progress and attainment within the classroom - developing student learning to improve life chances.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is rated 'Good' by Ofsted and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
We have academic express streams, a strong house system and enrichment activities, and we offer extensive professional development opportunities - the school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
• Adaptability, resilience and being able to think on your feet are essential in this varied role
• An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• A good command of English and Mathematics are necessities (at GCSE level)
• Strong ICT skills
• An interest in literacy, numeracy, dyslexia or ASD
• You should be patient and calm, with a consistent and positive approach to managing student behaviour, and have an understanding of how students learn
• You should be a flexible team player with an interest in developing further professionally
• You will work with the teacher in class in assisting those students requiring specialist classroom support. There will also be opportunities to run small group interventions outside of the classroom depending on specialism.
Why work at The Beacon School
• An exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent programme of CPD
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent road networks, and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria
Salary (Associate 2): FTE £18,000 to £21,100 per annum
Pro rata: £12,904 to £15,126 per annum
Hours of work: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday), across 39 weeks per year
Contract: Part-time and temporary (the role directly relates to the number of children requiring specialist classroom support and is dependent on funding remaining in place)
Closing date for applications: midday Friday 24 September 2021
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Mrs K. Marrill, Deputy Headteacher
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.