Floreat Wandsworth Primary school is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join its growing team.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
You will have:
- A passion for working with primary aged children and a determination that they will become
knowledgeable and virtuous.
- A desire to work with honesty, perseverance and curiosity, and in service of all the learners in our school.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- The ability to manage pupils in a positive and calm way so that they achieve the highest standards in their learning.
- Initiative and confidence to teach pupils effectively under the direction of the class teacher.
- Ability to remain calm and positive when under pressure.
To review the full Job Description and Person Specification for this role, please download the Job Pack below.
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Salary: A2 Point 4 - £17,070 (36h per week) or £9,483.30 (20h per week) FTE: £19,842 per annum
Potential Extra Income: Cover supervision hours or after school clubs may be available for an experienced/suitable candidate.
Reports to: Designated class teacher
Start date: January 2023
Closing Date: Rolling. You will be notified if you have been successfully shortlisted for an interview.
Contract type: Full Time (8:10am to 4:00 pm Mon - Fri, 36 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year) - Part Time (20 hours per week – 39 weeks per year)
Contract term: Permanent. School term time only plus training days.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place