We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of student development. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated and nurturing team in supporting learning, progress and attainment within the classroom - developing student learning to improve life chances.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional student progress and wellbeing. Our teaching staff are well-supported in developing an outstanding curriculum alongside a broad range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities.
We know that we get the best out of all our staff when we invest in them. Staff are trusted and their professional development is a key priority. Colleagues have access to an extensive programme of internal and external training opportunities and being part of one of the largest trusts in the country ensures our colleagues’ excellent career opportunities. The school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
• Adaptability, resilience and being able to think on your feet are essential in this varied role
• An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• A good command of English and Mathematics are necessities (at GCSE level)
• Strong ICT skills
• An interest in literacy, numeracy, dyslexia or ASD
• You should be patient and calm, with a consistent and positive approach to managing student behaviour, and have an understanding of how students learn
• You should be a flexible team player with an interest in developing further professionally
• You will work with the teacher in class in assisting those students requiring specialist classroom support. There will also be opportunities to run small group interventions outside of the classroom depending on specialism.
Why work at The Beacon School
- Join an exceptionally warm and welcoming team of staff
- Be supported by a highly experienced team in the Faculty
- Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
- Have the opportunity to be coached and/or become a coach
- Be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 42 GLF Schools
- There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to become involved with and a strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events.
Salary: FTE £20,809 to £23,582 per annum
(Actual salary £14,918 to £16,906 per annum based on 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year)
Hours of work: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday), term time for 39 weeks per year
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th October 2023 at midday.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place