Learning Support Staff member required to join our Team!
Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
Lime Tree Primary School are looking for an outstanding Teaching Assistant to provide support to children at our school to learn effectively, inside and outside of the classroom. We areideally looking for full time although we will consider part time applications if we can cover the positions in a job share please do complete your application specifying what you would be able to work.
Ideally you will have experience within education and understand how to motivate and support children to achieve their potential. You will be passionate about making a difference to children’s lives.
The successful candidates will work alongside and support the class teacher to ensure that the child you are supporting is accessing the curriculum and making positive progress in all aspects of their learning. You will liaise closely to ensure that effective support is delivered, during class or play.
Our Learning Support individuals will be required to support the teachers, class and individual children and at times individuals with SEN.
About Lime Tree Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Limetree, our cluster includes the following other schools; Southgate Primary School, Forge Wood Primary School, Kilnwood Vale Primary School, Greenway Junior School, Salfords Primary School, Merstham Primary School .
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development. We have an exciting opportunity for a learning support assistant to join our Ofsted rated ' Outstanding' Primary School Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have had a lot of achievements to celebrate. The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
What we are looking for
- Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
- Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the curriculum
- Support the child in class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors.
- Support the Teacher in class and activities, including during teachers PPA time
- Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Why work at Lime Tree Primary School
- A supportive and approachable senior management team.
- An expanding network of Nurseries and Schools.
- An exciting opportunity to grow and develop
- Job satisfaction.
- The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: Full Time Term Time Only 33.5 per week 39 weeks per year Mon - Fri 8.30- 3.30 (4.30 Wednesdays)
Salary: GLF Associate 2 £20,809 - £23,582 FTE (pro rata £16,658 - £18,878 )
Start Date: -ASAP
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2023.
Interview date: We will interview as soon as we can once applications have been received,
We positively encourage informal visits and to showing you around our school. You are welcome to contact the school office to discuss anything in further detail.
Due to the volume of applications if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks of your application then on this occasion you have not been successful.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place