GLF Schools has an exciting opportunity for a Business and Operations Manager, with experience in school business functions and a proven track record in providing operational support to schools.
The successful candidate will work as part of GLF Schools’ Business and Operations team, using their previous school office experience and expertise to provide operational guidance to school leaders and office teams. In this role, you will have the knowledge and skills to manage, develop and coordinate operational support across the trust and schools, collaborating across a wide range of business and specialist functions. We are looking for generalist school business management skills, and the candidate must be able to deliver guidance, training, and support in school business processes such as office management, lettings, wrap-around provision and low-value procurement (below tender threshold).
The post can be based at any of our Trust offices (Banstead, Crawley, Horsham, Camberley or Banbury), and there are opportunities for hybrid working. There will be a requirement for travel to our 42 academies and the Trust office as needed.
We are looking to recruit to a full-time post working across the full year or Term Time plus 3 weeks but will consider applications for staggered start / finish times. Please indicate in your supporting statement (within the application form) your preferred working pattern.
What we are looking for
Someone who has:
- Good knowledge, understanding and previous experience of working in and/or managing school office teams and providing operational support to schools.
- The ability to command respect and to support school leaders and office teams, creating a sense of community and collaboration.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Generalist school business management skills, and yet be able to focus on specialist functions when needed.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Hours: Full time over 52 weeks or Term Time plus 3 weeks
Annual Salary: Senior Specialist£35-40k FTE with starting salary dependant on skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 24th November 2023
Interview date: 1st December 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.