GLF Schools is seeking an astute, ambitious and creative practitioner to lead Pedagogy and Practice across our seven secondary schools.
Each school, whatever its headlines, has room for improvement and we are looking for an individual who can innovatively guide, support and challenge our schools to create and develop the best strategies to engage our students.
We welcome applications from applicants who can apply empathy, are emotionally intelligent and driven by a clear moral purpose and a passion for working with young people and who take great pleasure and joy from doing so.
The role will involve working across all of our 7 secondary schools, with the opportunity to work in the central trust team office based at The Beacon School in Banstead. As a flexible employer and upon discussion with your line manager, there may also be the opportunity for remote working.
Our secondary schools comprise Meridian High School in Croydon, Merstham Park School in Merstham near Redhill, Epsom's Rosebery School and Glyn School, Aureus School in Didcot, The Beacon School in Banstead and Caterham's de Stafford School.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work alongside a team of talented and passionate staff and help shape the future and strategic direction of our Trust.
What we are looking for
- an outstanding classroom practitioner
- an incisive knowledge of highly effective pedagogy and practice, based on evidence-based research
- an excellent communicator who leads by example
- the ability to mentor, coach, support and challenge colleagues to develop their practice and raise standards
- an existing or aspiring senior leader
We comprise 34 schools in the primary sector and 7 secondary schools in various regions across the South East and South London. The opportunities within our trust are immense in terms of professional and support for your career aspirations.
- We have 13 brand new schools, which have opened since 2013; two are in the secondary sector located in Oxfordshire and Surrey.
- All seven of our sponsored primary schools have undergone their first inspections as academies with us removing their previous inspection ratings.
- 23 of our 41 schools have chosen to join GLF, a testament to the collaborative approach between our schools, which benefits all children and staff, and the wider communities, which we serve to the best of our ability.
- We have been recently designated as one of only 87 Teaching School Hubs which will oversee the West Sussex area, and will incorporate our very successful SCITT as well as providing the training programme for the Early Career Framework for both the Trust and our Hub geographical area. This will also provide development opportunities for the successful candidate
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and innovative Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
If you think that this is the opportunity for you and would like to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Jade Dance, Trust Administrator (details on the back page of the candidate pack) who will put you in touch with the Trust's Executive Headteacher with oversight of Learning and Teaching, Ros Allen.
Start Date: Easter 2022, however we are open to discussing a later start date in accordance with commitments you may have with your current school
Closing date: 21st January 2022 @ 9am
Interview Date: 27th/28th January 2022
Hours of work: Ideally full time, but part time will be considered (minimum 0.6)
Salary: GLF Leadership Range L15-19 Fringe (£60,744- £66,900)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.