GLF Schools is seeking an excellent, innovative Subject Improvement Lead, to drive improvement in Mathematics across our seven secondary schools
Our secondary schools comprise Meridian High School in Croydon, Merstham Park School in Merstham near Redhill, Epsom's Rosebery School and Glyn School, Aureus School in Didcot, The Beacon School in Banstead and Caterham's de Stafford School.
Each school, whatever its headlines, has room for improvement and we hope that you will be able to work with us to realise our ambitions within Mathematics.
You will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic maths colleagues, alongside our excellent team of primary and secondary subject leads.
What we are looking for
- an outstanding classroom practitioner
- an incisive knowledge of highly effective pedagogy and practice, based on evidence-based research
- an excellent communicator who leads by example
- the ability to coach, support and challenge colleagues to develop their practice and raise standards
- an existing or
aspiring senior leader
We comprise 34 schools in the primary sector and 7 secondary schools in various regions across the South East and South London. The opportunities within our trust are immense in terms of professional and support for your career aspirations.
- We have 13 brand new schools, which have opened since 2013; two are in the secondary sector located in Oxfordshire and Surrey.
- All seven of our sponsored primary schools have undergone their first inspections as academies with us removing their previous inspection ratings.
- 23 of our 41 schools have chosen to join GLF, a testament to the collaborative approach between our schools, which benefits all children and staff, and the wider communities, which we serve to the best of our ability.
- We have been recently designated as one of only 87 Teaching School Hubs which will oversee the West Sussex area, and will incorporate our very successful SCITT as well as providing the training programme for the Early Career Framework for both the Trust and our Hub geographical area. This will also provide development opportunities for the successful candidate.
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
We welcome applications from applicants with strong track records of leading improvement in mathematics.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work alongside a team of talented and passionate staff and help shape the future and strategic direction of our Trust.
If you think that this is the opportunity for you and would like to arrange an informal discussion during the week beginning 29th March, please contact Pippa Hearn, PA to the CEO who will put you in touch with the Trust's Executive Headteacher with oversight of Learning and Teaching, Ros Allen.
Start Date: As soon as available
Closing date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Hours of work: Full-time
Salary: GLF Leadership Range L11-L15 (£55,254 - £60,744)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.