We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Officer to join our Finance team in the Central Trust.
This is a great opportunity to join our Trust finance team and, ultimately, to make a difference to the outcomes of the children and young people attending the schools within our Multi Academy Trust. The successful candidate will work as part of the Trust finance team, led by the Trust Finance Partner, to deliver an expert service to our schools by:
- ensuring accurate and timely processing and BACS payment of purchase invoices
- resolving payment queries with suppliers
- ensuring compliance with goods ordering and receipting processes
- liaising with Trust colleagues in other functions as required
The Purchase Ledger Officer will be working specifically supporting our Finance, HR, IT, Estates, Operations & Education teams in the Central Trust as well as the Teaching School Hub team.
This role will be based at our Trust office at The Beacon School in Banstead.
What we are looking for
- Experience working within a Finance Department
- Experience of working with PSF accounting system
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and solution focused with a flexible approach to work
Join our GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. We offer:
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options - (staggered start and finish times, hybrid working, virtual meetings)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary: GLF Associate 2 - £18,000 FTE
Hours: 36 hours a week, 52 weeks a year (please note, we would consider applications of minimum 30 hours a week, 52 weeks a year - please indicate on your application form your preference. Salary would be pro-rata'd accordingly.)
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 10th July 2022
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.