Great Dalby Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 40%
Start Date: 29th August 2023
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
Would you like to become part of a kind, welcoming and supportive team in a small village school?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Great Dalby Primary School as a Classroom Teacher from 29th August 2023 for 2 days per week on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone to be a kind, calm and nurturing role model with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with another member of staff in Key Stage 2 (Year 4/5) to ensure shared accountability. The Classroom Teacher will be responsible for creating a learning experience that enables and challenges our pupils to be the best that they can be. We seek to ensure that children have the best possible experiences during their time with us and therefore aspirational and exciting teaching is encouraged.
Ideally we are looking for an excellent practitioner with experience of teaching Key Stage 2; however teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The role of Classroom Teacher is a rewarding one with the opportunity for professional autonomy within the role to create the classroom environment that enables development. We are heavily focused on trying to ensure that work life balance for teachers is manageable, this is under regular review.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses pupils’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a Classroom Teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Nick Sale prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 6th June 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 9th June 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Great Dalby Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils.