1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
Great Dalby Primary School
Tenure: Fixed Term Contract until 26th August 2024
Contracted Hrs: 32.5 per week
Working Wks: Term Time + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £17,438 to £17,730 per annum
Start Date: 8th January 2024
Are you passionate about supporting individual student's learning journeys?
Are you looking to gain further experience in a classroom setting?
Are you looking to build a career that gives you a genuine sense of achievement and fulfilment?
Would you like to work with an experienced and supportive team and have a positive impact on the young people we support?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a positive, calm, and patient 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant to join Great Dalby Primary School on a fixed term basis until 26th August 2024. This is an exciting opportunity to join our small and friendly supportive school. You will be predominately responsible for supporting a child on a 1:1 basis but may also be required to support pupils in small groups inside and outside of the classroom. The successful candidate will work closely with a pupil that will require tailored assistance. Support the child’s academic, social, and emotional development and create a nurturing and inclusive environment to help the child thrive.
We are looking to appoint an individual with a passion and commitment to supporting the needs of our children, and for someone who has the ability to liaise with parents and other educational professionals. Someone with a flexible approach to teaching, adapting methods to meet the individual needs of the children. Collaborate seamlessly with Classroom Teachers and Support Staff. Infuse creativity into lessons, ensuring engaging and enjoyable learning experience for our children and find innovative ways to help the child learn.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain more experience in the classroom and work with experienced and established staff in Key Stage 1.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Support Teaching and Learning
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in an educational setting
- Experience working with children in a 1:1 capacity, preferably in an educational setting
- Strong empathy and understanding of individual student needs
- Patience, resilience, and ability to provide emotional support when needed
- Knowledge of various health or SEND conditions and needs, e.g., autism, ADHD, diabetes etc.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school to meet the Head Teacher, Nick Sale, prior to applying.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 12th December
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 15th December 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Great Dalby Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils.