Reigate School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated teacher of Physical Education to join our outstanding, oversubscribed school in Reigate, Surrey to cover a period of maternity leave.
We welcome applications from Early Career Teachers and experienced teachers who have a passion for education, and from applicants with the drive and commitment to deliver outstanding learning. In addition, applicants should:
• Be a qualified PE teacher;
• Have the drive and commitment to establish and coach sporting teams to a high level;
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum; and
• Have excellent classroom management skills with high expectations for achievements and behaviour.
Reigate School has an outstanding team of teachers working together to ensure all students have the opportunity to excel in all areas of the curriculum. They are supported by a Trust, Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team who all value the contribution made by every member of staff. There is an excellent support structure in place to support teachers, including:
• Providing 16% non-contact time;
• Regularly reviewing the impact marking has on workload;
• Providing support services such as independent counselling and physiotherapy; and
• Investing in our staff through outstanding CPD training and ECT provision, both within Reigate School and the wider Multi-Academy Trust.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th February at 9am, however please be advised applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint someone sooner than this if we identify a suitable candidate. Applicants are warmly invited to contact Mr Matthew Alexander, Reigate Schools Headteacher, to discuss the role in more depth.
Reigate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and completion of an Enhanced DBS will be required.