Are you looking for a challenging and highly rewarding role, working in a team that strives to deliver high quality inclusive education? Would you like to have the opportunity to learn British Sign Language?
We are looking to appoint a part-time Learning Support Assistant as soon as possible to work one-to-one in the Lighthouse Specialist Centre for Deaf Children, part of our thriving and successful primary school.
The majority of our children in the Lighthouse need signed communication and may also have additional special needs. Our deaf pupils are included in mainstream classes with communication support, while also receiving specialist one-to-one or small-group teaching across a range of subjects.
The successful candidate will:
· Have some knowledge of, or an interest in learning BSL
· Have proven experience of working closely with children with additional learning, emotional and/or behavioural needs
· Be able to assist in the education and social development of pupils under the direction of the teacher
· Be well organised and efficient
· Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and resilience
· Be flexible and pro-active
· Be able to work as part of team, inspiring others
· Be positive and have a good sense of humour
In return we can offer you:
· A school which values inclusion and provides an opportunity to excel in meeting the needs of a range of learners, including those with additional needs
· Happy and enthusiastic children who love to learn
· A school that goes beyond the academic subjects and provides amazing opportunities for all pupils
· Opportunities for excellent continuous professional development across our growing academy trust
· Employee benefits scheme including high street discounts, electric car salary sacrifice scheme, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme
· Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Kathy Nott in the school office for more information.
We reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date so we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Guildford Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check, ID check and satisfactory references.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of Learning Partners Academy Trust. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workforce and particularly welcome suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to join our trust.