Do you want to make a difference in children’s lives? Do you have high expectations for every pupil, regardless of their individual challenges, and want to ensure they reach the best possible standards? If you do and would like to work in a supportive and caring environment, an exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our thriving and successful primary school.
We are looking for somebody to join our team of teaching assistants as soon as possible to support pupils with additional needs in class.
The successful candidate will:
• have proven experience of working closely with children with additional learning, emotional and/or behavioural needs
• be able to assist in the education and social development of pupils under the direction of the teacher
• be well organised and efficient
• demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and resilience
• be flexible and pro-active
• be able to work as part of team, inspiring others
• be positive and have a good sense of humour
In return we can offer you:
• Exposure to British Sign Language through our specialist centre for deaf children, The Lighthouse
• Opportunities for excellent continuous professional development across our growing academy trust
• Employee benefits scheme including high street discounts and cycle to work scheme
• Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
• Employee assistance programme
8.40am - 3.15pm with half an hour lunch Monday to Friday (30.4 hours per week, 38.6 weeks per year)
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact Kathy Nott in the school office to arrange a visit.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert at any stage depending on the volume of applications received so we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Guildford Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check, ID check and satisfactory references.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of Learning Partners Academy Trust. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workforce and particularly welcome suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to join our trust.