Nursery Practitioner – Immediate Start
Hallfieldfirst (Hallfield School), Edgbaston Birmingham
- Qualified (Level 3) Nursery Nurses (full time and part time)
- Nursery Nurse Apprentices (must be level 2 qualified)
Working Arrangements: Full-time positions (40hrs worked Monday - Friday). All year round with 30 days paid annual leave plus paid bank holidays (pro rate for part time).
Shift rotation (with early/mid/late shifts), working hours are between 7:30am and 6:15pm. Part-time hours will be considered.
Salary: £21,733 - £24,486 per annum, dependent on relevant experience, skills and qualifications. Apprentices will be paid on a lower rate.
Nursery Nurses (qualified and apprentices)
We are currently looking for experienced Level 3 qualified nursery practitioners with a highly collaborative approach to join our Nursery. We are also open to hearing from individuals with childcare experience looking to gain Level 3 qualification as part of an apprenticeship.
Hallfieldfirst offers parents year-round nursery provision for children aged 3 months to 3 years and forms part of Hallfield School, a flourishing co-educational independent day school (3 months –13 years) in the leafy and attractive outskirts of Edgbaston.
Successful candidates will have previous experience of working with children and a flexible and positive work ethic. They will have excellent communication skills and a positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work. A strong passion for a child centred approach to play and learning is essential as they will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of exciting and enriching play and learning opportunities. Qualified applicants must have an excellent understanding of the EYFS, safeguarding and child protection and an inspirational approach to children’s development.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To support the Nursery Manager and Room Leader in the planning and delivery of exciting and enriching play and learning opportunities.
- To support Room Leader with observational records of the children.
- To support the establishment of secure attachment for your key children.
- To be responsible for the care routines of the children in your group as directed by the Room Leader.
- To actively support a two-way flow of information between the nursery and parents/carers of the children.
- To work in collaboration with all professionals who might be supporting children in your group.
- To support the smooth transitions between settings of the children in your group.
In return we offer:
- 30 days’ annual leave, plus paid bank holidays
- 3 paid concessionary days for Christmas closure
- Salary sacrifice group pension scheme
- Life insurance (death in service) benefit (4 x annual salary)
- Free parking
- Free lunch options for all staff all year round (including school lunch during term time)
- Generous Fee Discount for staff children attending the school
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme available
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Long service recognition
- Professional development opportunities including generous CPD Policy
- Opportunity to work additional hours may be available
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications so would recommend applying early to avoid missing out.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references which are requested prior to an interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
We recommend you read our Child Protection Safeguarding Policy and Safer Recruitment Selection and Disclosure Policy Procedure as part of your application.