Are you a practical and reliable problem-solver with experience of maintaining school premises?
GLF Schools is looking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic resident Premises Assistant to support its four primary schools in Banbury to carry out compliance checks, maintenance, security and general caretaking duties.
The successful candidate will be expected to work across the four schools as required. All four schools are within a short drive of each other.
These schools are Cherry Fields (a brand new school opening in September 2020), Hardwick Primary, Longford Park Primary and William Morris Primary. The role will be across all four sites.
This is a full-time role based on 36 hours per week split across five days, though some weekend and evening working may be required. Hours to be agreed according to school need but may involve a split shift (early to mid-morning and mid-afternoon to early evening).
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of our schools and support the education of local primary school children.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues and is able to carry out key compliance and safety checks?
- Is reliable, a good problem solver and able to work on their own initiative
- Is experienced and capable of carrying out general maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team worker
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is keen to contribute positively to the life of our schools
The successful candidate will need to:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained to a good, safe standard
- Ensure appropriate security measures and procedures for the site, building and facilities
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call-out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
- Promote and maximize the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Please see the job description and person specification for full details of the responsibilities of the post and the requirements of the successful candidate.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster have a collaborative approach towards working, which means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Longford Park (Nursery to Year 3) and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Reception) are exciting, brand new schools. Hardwick is a fantastic, established one form entry primary school and William Morris is an outstanding, one form entry primary school.
What we are looking for
• Is friendly with good communication skills
• Has good organisational skills
• Has experience of carrying out basic DIY tasks
• Is motivated and enthusiastic
• Is able to work effectively as part of a team
• Is flexible
Salary: G5 - £20,500 - £23,500 FTE
Hours: 36 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Exact working hours a week to be discussed and flexibility on hours is essential
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 13th July 2020
Interview date: w/c 20th July 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.