JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist – Girls Rugby
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Support Staff Scale 5
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Physiotherapist & Head of Rugby
Come questioning, go seeking, grow.
RESPONISBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Diagnosis and treatment of adolescent athletes on the rugby programme.
• Design and delivery of individual rehabilitation programmes together with the Lead Physiotherapist.
• Manage caseload of players.
• Communicate the status of injured players to the coaching staff and management regularly.
• To ensure that medical notes are written and injuries are documented in line with the college processes.
• Provide pitchside trauma cover for game.
• Provide pitchside cover during training.
• Manage and maintain first aid equipment.
• Keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the department/s CPD programme.
• Responsible for students who are living in our Halls of Residency
o Sleep at the college site during the week to monitor student welfare and behaviour in halls
o Ensure students are behaving within the agreed values and behaviours set out by the college
o Support with any transport requirements to and from the halls to college
o Report any behavioural issues to Head of Rugby or Curriculum Lead
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
• BSc / MSc degree in Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation. Including a recognised medical governing body providing medical indemnity insurance (CSP / HCPC / BASRAT).
• Experience of working as a Therapist in a sports setting where rugby is desirable but not essential.
• An understanding of rugby injuries and rehabilitating athletes to safely return to playing rugby.
• An understanding of working with adolescent athletes.
• A pitchside qualification or working towards a qualification.
• Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills & able to problem solve with/between students;
• Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to deal well with pressure and multi – task
• Full Drivers license essential and willing to drive mini bus
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, All year Round
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Annual leave: 23 days annual leave per leave year (1 September to 31 August), plus 8 bank holidays and up to 4 College Closure days.
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check